Sunday, February 12, 2017

Victory Liner Bus : First Class Trip to Baguio

I was set to go to the Pasay terminal of Victory Liner a week before going to Baguio to buy tickets when I happened to check their website and found that they offer online purchases. Yaaassss! Saved me an unnecessary trip :)

It's very easy and here at the steps:

1. Go to their website www.victoryliner.com and fill in your details. I think they're only offering the online purchase for trips to Baguio.


2. Choose the kind of bus and schedule you like. For first class, it has shorter travel time (no stop) and there will be less seats so it will be roomier. The first class bus travels through NLEX-SCTEX, TPLEX until Urdaneta, Pangasinan and through Marcos Highway. Normally travel will be about 4-5 hours. For the regular aircon, it will have a stop along the way and travel will be about 6-7 hours.













3. Give the passenger information 










4. Pick the seats you want- one of the best feature since I hate being seated at the back.


5. Pay via credit card - If you don't have a credit card just go to the terminal where you plan to leave and buy the ticket in advance. 


Fare:

First Class - P750 one way
Regular Aircon - P450 one way 

Note: First class trips offered online are limited. Some trips, like the one we bought in Baguio for 12:30pm  on our return trip (also first class) can only be bought in person at the terminal. 

Experience:

Purchasing online was easy and quick. When we went to the terminal we fell in line, showed our print out and got our tickets. Then we went to the private access lounge on the second floor for the Pasay terminal. Note that the girl at the ticket counter did not tell us this but I knew of it through another blog. The lounge had a TV and Wifi. There was a guard at the entrance. 

private lounge 
First class only had 29 seats vs regular aircon which has 45.  Definitely you have more leg room. The seats can be reclined a bit without crowding the one at the back and a foot rest as well. Each row has 2 seats together and one seat on the other side which was perfect for lone travelers who don't want to be disturbed. 

view from the back
There is a small toilet in then middle of the bus. There were a lot of people using this and so far I could not smell anything but I wouldn't want to be the person on seat immediately at the entrance :) I did not use this so I don't know how clean it was. 

toilet on board
There was a bus stewardess who handed out newspapers, snacks and water bottles. They gave out 4 small chocolate and caramel bar which was surprisingly good.

small snacks

The Wifi was a bit iffy. I could not get a good signal but I didn't mind since I wanted to sleep anyway. There was an outlet between the seats where you can charge your cellphone.

The ride was smooth and a bit fast but safe. Going to Baguio took us only 4.5 hours while returning using First Class took us 6 hours because of traffic in Manila at night. Overall the experience was very good and value for money. 

Tips:

1. Buy your ticket in advance whether it is online or in person. Especially near the holidays or during the summer. 

2. There are trips that is not available online but can be bought at the terminal.  My suggestion is to buy online for the trip  going to Baguio but buy the ticket going to Manila at the Baguio terminal. 

3. Bring a shawl or jacket since inside the bus is a bit chilly. 









2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just returned from my Labor Day weekend in Baguio and I always prefer Victory Liner First Class when travelling to the City of Pines. I usually go there during the lean season between June to September because its least crowded (but survived a typhoon on my last visit) and also during Christmas. I always depart during midnight and my trip took 4hrs 15mins exited at Binalonan. My tip is to buy tickets 2 months in advamce so that you'll never go through the hassle of long queues at the ticket counters on the day of your trip. Here's good news the Pozzorubio Exit of TPLEX construction is in full swing, hopefully it will open before Christmas then the travel time to Baguio will cut further to 4 hrs. If the travel bug bites me there no other way but to move forward whether you survive it or not. Thanks and Happy Travels!

    Mr. Danilo D. Royol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your info about the whole process is excellent! Well done!

    ReplyDelete