Friday, June 28, 2013

Northpark: Yen for Chinese Food

Lately, I've been mad jonesing for Chinese food and when the craving calls, North Park I go!

Here are some of my favorite:

North Park Chow Mien - stir fried noodles with fish fillet, fish cake,
sliced asado, meatballs, prawns, 3 kinds of mushroom and Chinese vegetables.



The noodles is just the right amount of thickness. It has that salty/sweet flavor combination which reminds me of my favortie instant noodle without the grease. Plenty of toppings. BIG serving! I call this my miracle dish because even when shared, there's always plenty of leftover.

North Park Lechon Macau - charcoal broiled juicy pork belly
served over egg fried rice
I don't know why but this dish always make me smile. The pork skin is very crunchy but not too hard while the meat is tender and juicy. Not your usual lechon kawali. Combine this with their sauce and pickled vegetable ... a dynamic combination with the fried rice. Again, another big serving which is good enough for 2 person.

North Park Salted Garlic Squid - golden fried slices of squid dashed with
sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorn

The dish is really simple but this is, by far, my favorite. Squid, cooked too long, becomes tough and chewy. But at North Park, their salted garlic squid is always tender. The flour coating is not too thick and they added just enough salt to add flavor but not too much that you automatically reach for water.

Combine everything with their freshly made lemonade and you're good to go! Simple, flavorful and affordable Chinese food. My only wish is that they have meryenda size or rice toppings good for one. Bring a friend and expect to pay P200-P350/each.

Grabe, gutom na ako!







No comments:

Post a Comment