Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY Disney Cars Cake

My nephew JD had his 1st birthday this weekend and we had the party at our place to invite more friends and family. A week before the party, we realized that our budget was not enough to buy a character cake. Usually those cost P1500-P2500.

So I had this crazy idea to decorate one on my own.

I bought the chocolate cake with twirls from red ribbon. That cost P680 for a 12 x 12 cake.



These Cars cup cake toppers was from Cooks Exchange. They sell them for P85 for a 6 pieces. These were fantastic since all you have to do is just stick them to the cake. Cooks Exchange had other different designs based on your theme. Unfortunately, they only had one set of the Disney Cars topper so I decided to get another set with a clown/birthday theme. 





The toy plastic car I got from Divisoria for P35. You can usually buy these at 168 mall but be careful to buy the plastic one and not the die cast metal one (more expensive and heavier).

The background is just an 8R photo I had printed out from an internet shop. I looked for the perfect image from the computer, copied and inserted it on a power point slide, added the text and checkered flag on top, grouped it together (highlight everything you added to a picture, right click your mouse and choose "group together" so you can have it as one image) and save the picture as a jpeg file. I taped 2 bbq stick at the back then stuck in on the cake. Cost for printing was P27.



When the person at Red Ribbon was frosting the greeting, I just made sure that she gave me enough space to put the car and background print. For the base, I printed a couple of papers with a check pattern I found in google and covered a box. The number 1 candle bought from Red Ribbon for P22.


Happy Birthday, JD!

That's it! P934 for a Disney Cars Cake.

Some other things that we bought for the party - All were brought @ Divisoria (mostly at 168 mall)

Cars Birthday Balloon - P200 for 12 pcs

100 meter plastic bandaritas for P60


Banner for P50 and cars bandaritas for P25


No comments:

Post a Comment