Friday, March 8, 2013

Chocolate Heaven in a Bowl

Four words : Max Triple Chocolate Champorado




For those who do not know what champorado is (where have you been?), it is a sweet chocolate rice porridge that uses malagkit (glutinous rice) and cocoa powder or tablea.

I remember my mom cooking this some Sunday mornings and waking us up so that we could eat it while it's hot. I am sure I grumbled and complained because I wanted to continue sleeping but champorados really are best eaten hot. Mom would insist we pour cold evaporated milk. What can I say? YUMMMMMM-Y!

Sadly, my mom is now too busy to cook this for me. Or sometimes, she would buy the packaged instant version but it's not the same. So, I have resigned myself to eating sub-standard champorado for the rest of my life (yes, that dramatic) ...   until I discovered Max's Triple Chocolate Champorado.

I have been obsessed with their champorado for the past couple of weeks. Ask my friends or anyone I have been in contact with, really. Theirs have the right consistency (not too watery), sweetness (no need to add sugar) and chocolate (sweet, thick, pure chocolate taste). What more can I ask for? They have the breakfast version - by itself or with gourmet tuyo (salted dried fish) - and the snack version , which I prefer. For the snack version, you can choose 1 kind of ensaymada, the champorado and 1 drink (pepsi, ice tea or sago't gulaman). All for P95!

Highly recommended and a great comfort food. I just hope that Max won't pull it out of their menu soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment