Friday, March 29, 2013

Food Tripping Tagaytay - Last Part (Promise!)

After our big lunch at Sonya's and the dessert detour at Chateau Hestia, we decided to get down to business and look at some furnitures. But before that, we had to stop by Rowena's for pasalubong.

One for the Road



The place is about 5 minutes from Tagaytay road via Sta Rosa exit. The place is very small but the stores' pink awning and numerous cars/vans in front is an indication that you have the right place. Although Rowena's buko tart is very good, I don't think it's that great.The buko strips they use are very young and soft but the I feel the custard needs to be creamier and sweeter.

different kinds of tarts - love the pink package

blueberry cheese tart
I normally buy their Sylvanna or their Kesong Puti (P80) because my mom loves those.

neatly packaged and just the right size

Rowena's Tagaytay Contact Information:

Tel: (+46) 860 2481
Mobile: +63920 9080318
E-mail: rowenas_tarts@yahoo.com.ph
Official Website: http://rowenas-tarts-tagaytay.com

Seriously, Gutom pa Kayo?!!!

It was already late afternoon, the sun was setting down, the shops were closing when we decided to  start going back to Manila. We were about to ride away from the last shop when something caught my eye.

famous pancit of the north? color me interested!

I thought my mom would appreciate tasting the "original pansit cabagan" - whatever that is. Luckily, the store was open 24 hours. The restaurant was very small with about 5 small tables and no customer. I wasn't expecting much but the prices seems reasonable.

bagnet ..... mmmgood


I was ordering one for take out when my friends decided they wanted one to eat right then and there. Seriously, gutom pa kayo?!!!


pancit cabagan P70


We only waited for about 5-7 minutes before we were given this medium-sized bowl of pancit cabagan. Right off the bat I really liked it. The pancit was very hot and you could tell it was cooked minutes before. The toppings were plentiful : quail eggs, vegetables, bbq flavored strips of pork AND plenty of crispy lechon kawali (be still my heart). The "sauce" was almost soup-like but thick and flavorful. The noodles were not like those you use for mami but more like the ones used by Lucky Me Pancit Canton (my favorite too). It looks like pancit on steroid but in a good way.

We were pretty satisfied and munching away when suddenly we were served something really unusual.

ano po ito, kuya?

It smelled like mild vinegar with some chilis and chopped onions. My face must have reflected a wth? expression because the cook/waiter told us that we should put some in our pancit. Although we were very very skeptical, we did as he instructed and guess what? It was amazing with the pancit! I couldn't even taste the vinegar but it really enhanced the flavor. The chili also added a good zing.

Definitely this pancit cabagan have my gold stamp of approval. I loved it because it's something unexpected, simple but very flavorful. Sayang lang that they don't have any branches in Manila.

Unfortunately, there are really no specific landmark that I can use to point us again to this restaurant. All I remember that it was about 20 minutes away going down from Rowena's on the right side towards Sta Rosa exit.

I'll definitely look out for this once we go back :D

FYI: The take out version was not as good. I think it's best eaten hot and right off the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment