Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tutto Domani: Almost But Not Quite

I broke my cardinal rule which is to spend only what I can afford (I frequently break this rule :D ). However, the review of Tutto Domani in www.clickthecity.com was so compelling that I had to try it.

Their store is a little bit hard to spot. Driving past it, you blink and you'll miss it. It's located across Greenbelt 2 at the corner of New World Hotel across from the new Fairmont Hotel in Makati. The store is small but full of toys you can buy and some you can play with.

indulge the kid in you

We started with their Bread Pizza which does not use the usual pizza dough. They put theirs on actual bread which is crispy but not hard. They have 4 combinations for the pizza but we chose the all meat variety (of course). The serving is small if you take this as your main entree but as an appetizer, it was just right. The tomato sauce did not taste like the canned variety, the meat toppings were plenty and the cheese was just yummy. They served it with a small salad with some kind of cranberry balsamic vinaigrette which I liked. The salad was so small that we thought at first it was just there for decoration ;p

Bread Pizza Meat Combo P250
After that promising appetizer, my friend and I decided to each have a Power Meal Platter. The meal consist of a salad, half a sandwich, pasta, chips, dessert and ice tea. Except for the dessert, and ice tea, they served everything to us on a block of wood with small cutouts to nestle the glass dish containing the salad and chips.

Let me first just say that everything looked so cute ... really kawaii!!! The food was well presented and not just thrown into one plate. The food were served separately; salad and pasta in bowls, sandwich in its own cute triangle plate, the chips and sauce in a small glass bowl. The servings were really small but that might be a good thing for those who don't eat as much.

For my power meal platter, I decided to have Saffron Cream Sauce and Mushroom Truffle Sea Salt Pasta, Adobo Loco Sandwich and Crepe Samurai.

Power Meal Platter 1 - P390
The salad is the same as the one we ordered with the Bread Pizza. The cranberry vinaigrette tasted very good and they didn't put too much on the salad which I like. The saffron pasta was very creamy, the mushroom really good and fresh (if they used the canned variety, it doesn't show) but I really didn't taste the saffron. The adobo loco sandwhich was the weak spot for me. It didn't have the adobo taste and the meat was so mushy - I couldn't even identify if it was pork or chicken. The thing I like best was the potato chips which I later found could easily be bought from the grocery.

My friend has another power meal platter. Hers had a Waygu SandwichPesto Cream Pasta and Irish Brownie.

Power Meal Platter 2 - P350
The pesto pasta smelled like pesto but unfortunately did not have much of that pesto taste. They put too much sauce that it really drowned the pasta. The Wagyu beef sandwich was the right size, the meat was juicy and thick but something was missing. I couldn't figure it out until my friend put it right on the money when she said the missing thing was "lasa" (taste). I had to agree. I had better tasting burger in Tropical Hut.

Kawaii!
Like everything else, the serving for dessert was also small. I had the Crepe Samurai while my friend had the Irish Brownie.


The Crepe Samurai had very nice mango flavor, with sweet mango bits but the sauce had a strong taste of condensada milk. The brownie was good, chocolaty, not too dense but I don't know why it's called Irish brownie (forgot to ask the waiter). The dessert was not too bad but not good enough to return back for.

even the ice tea glass was small!!
The verdict? 

The restaurant was fun and interesting  it had some nice toys/puzzles which you can play with and perfect for children or the child at heart, the waiters were attentive, the food presentation is whimsical and cute. The food, although not very very good, is not bad either. However, the price is a bit steep especially considering the servings were small. Expect to shell out P500-600/person.

My take is that Tutto Domani is a restaurant maybe worth going to once for the ambiance but your money might better spent elsewhere.


Tutto DomaniNew World Renaissance Hotel, Esperanza St cor Makati Ave

San Lorenzo, Makati(02) 811-6702

No comments:

Post a Comment